Monday, December 6, 2010

Review-Rimmel Mix It Up Eyeshadow in Out Of The Blue

I have to admit-when I first saw this product, I was immediately blown away by the gorgeous colors! Teal, purple and metalic fleck mixed up in a creamy formula. I didn't think I could ever use a product like this on my lids, but I had a few other ideas in mind, and the fact that it was half-off and came with a matching eyeliner sold me!

I was right about one thing-this product is WAY too bold for me to wear as a shadow, but looks great against my blue eyes as a waterliner! Then again, isn't that what the liner is for? Well...kinda. I like to line my waterline and sometimes tightline (the tiny line of skin under your top lashes) with the liner pencil then set the waterline with this little baby and some MAC Fix+. It's definitely not an essential and maybe not worth the $6, but it will last me a very very long time. I also thought about using this color as a base or blending it into my crease to create a more colorful smokey eye, but with all of life's chaos lately, I haven't had the chance to experiment.

Other shades are available-I may try another when I get the chance. The marbelized look is so unique!

Overall, I really love this product. It stays, maintains a perfect price point and looks so magical and pixie-like. It's a great way to add subtle color without looking like a disco ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment