Monday, December 13, 2010

Beauty On A Budget

I get asked a lot by friends and random strangers alike what products I would buy if I only had "x" amount of money in "x" store.

So today...I pick the drugstore.

Here in Houston, we have CVS and Walgreens on literally every corner, so my addiction is easily fed with a .5 mile walk across the street to either store!

Let's say you have $25.

First of all, I think foundation is given. A good, buildable foundation is even better, that way you can almost double it as concealer. I recommend Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. I've had mine for what seems like ages and a little goes a long way. I love the creamy finish, especially on my dry areas. Even on my oily lids/nose, this foundation doesn't slide. I like setting it with translucent powder, but that's optional. The pump keeps it clean and controls how much you get out at a time. Very convenient, especially for about $6!


Next, my new favorite mascara-L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in black. I just got this mascara last week on a whim and fell in love. I haven't found anything quite as good as a brand new MAC mascara until now. (I'm also a big fan of Covergirl Lash Blast, but the applicator is just so large!) This mascara glides on like butter and lasts all day and night. I'll definitely keep it around! You can find it for about $5.


For shadow, I suggest another Maybelline product. I think Maybelline is a fantastic drugstore brand! I suggest keeping a neutral quad on you at all times. I can't tell you how many times I've been out without makeup and made plans without time to run home! The Maybelline Eye Studio Shadow Quads are a great option at around $6!

Don't forget liner! Jordana Eyeliner pencils range from $.69-$.99! What a steal! They have great staying power, too! Grab one in brown and one in black.

I didn't buy lipsticks for the longest time because I have a bad habit of licking my lips and I feel like it's silly to spend money on something that doesn't stay. Having said that, the Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks are only $1! Even if you have to reapply, you really can't go wrong at that price point!

Finish your face with blush. Wet n Wild Ultimate Minerals Blush is a great choice for around $4. The coverage is sheer, but buildable and the container has a plug so your blush doesn't spill everywhere! I'm really impressed with this product.

So there you go. A full face for under $25!

Do you have any other products you suggest that I may have overlooked? Let me know!

Have a great evening!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment